Have you ever wondered if there is some secret thing you can do that puts you on another level in life? Something that increases your energy, enhances the quality of your sleep, relieves pain and reduces symptoms of certain diseases?
Well, I’m about to share that secret with you!
It’s called Feng Fu.
Feng Fu is common in Chinese acupuncture and it involves placing an ice cube on a specific position on the back of your neck for twenty minutes.
The Feng Fu point is a pressure point found at the base of the skull, just below the bottom ridge of the skull cap at the top of the neck. Stimulating the fengu fu point with an ice cube once or twice a day will promote overall health and wellbeing and make you feel like a rockstar!
Benefits of the Feng Fu Point Ice Therapy
There are a number of reported benefits to Feng Fu ice therapy. According to Chinese traditional medicine, this therapy rejuvenates the entire body and by bringing it back to its natural physiological balance. Pretty cool, right?
When you place an ice cube on the Feng Fu point as outlined above (and do it consistently each day), it can benefit you in the following ways:
- Reduce headaches, joint pain and tooth ache
- Reduce and eliminate the effects of a cold
- Improve your sleep quality
- Improve your overall cardiovascular system
- Improve your digestive system
- Reduce the symptoms of asthma
- Reduce the symptoms of arthritis, hypertension and hypotension
- Cure sexually transmitted diseases
- Manage neurological disorders and spinal degeneration
- Manage thyroid disorders
- Manage impotence, infertifily and menstrual disorders
- Manage obesity, manlnutrition and gastronintestinal tract
- Manage stress, chronic fatigue, insomnia and depression
With a list this good, why wouldn’t you give it a try?!
How to Find the Feng Fu Point
- While lying down (or with your head leaning forward), use your hands to touch the back of your neck
- Feel the point where the bottom of your skull meets your neck.
- You should be able to feel an “indent” in your neck between your two neck muscles as shown in the diagram below
- If you’re having trouble finding it, try tilt your head back so you can feel your neck muscles better. In the middle of them you will find the depth of the Feng Fu point.
How to do the Feng Fu Ice Cube Method for Healing
Doing the Feng Fu ice therapy on yourself is incredibly easy. All you need to do is follow the 4 simple steps below:
- Lie flat on your stomach and make yourself comfortable
- Place an ice cube directly on the Feng Fu point at the back of your neck
- Leave the ice cube on the Feng Fu point for 20 minutes
- Feel the benefits!
If you are not in a place to lie down then sitting is fine too. You can secure the ice cube by using a bandage, scarf or other material on your hand.
For maximum benefit, professional acupuncturists recommend doing the treatment twice a day – first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
When you first apply the ice cube, you may feel the strong cold sensation pass through your body and you might find it uncomfortable. Hang in there! Withing 30 to 40 seconds or so you should feel the heat go straight to the Feng Fu point.
In the first few days of putting ice on your Feng Fu point you may experience some euphoria due to the release of endorphins into your bloodstream.
I have been placing an ice cube on my Feng Fu point once a day for the past week and I definitely feel benefits. I find it similar to meditation… it’s just so nice to lie down, have some ice on your neck (particularly in Summer) and feel your body be taken to another place. I have an overall general sense of greater wellbeing.
Who knows… but placebo or not, it’s works! So I’m going to keep doing it.
Note: Therapists recommend that if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker or suffer from schizophrenia or epilepsy to NOT do this method. Why? I’m not sure.. but speak with your local acupuncturist and they will probably be able to tell you
Try it out! I’d love to hear your thoughts…
What do you experience?
Do you feel any of the benefits above?
Please share your experience by leaving a comment below and if you feel this method can help someone, please share it with them.
The post Feng Fu Point – The Ultimate Ice Therapy appeared first on The Start of Happiness.